In this post, we will learn how to install and update Yii in WAMP sever!
Let’s follow below steps to achieve the goals-
Step 1: Assigning the PHP engine location path in the system variable
- Go to “My Computer” ->Right click and select “Properties”
- Click “Advanced system settings” from the left pane
- Under “Advanced” tab click on “Environment Variables”
- Under “System variables” scroll down and find text “Path” then Double click on it
- Now enter your PHP engine location on end of the “variable value” field i.e. “C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.10”. Enter location without double quotes
- Click ok and finally exit from this.
Step 2: Create a project folder under “www”
You need to create a blank folder in “www” and that should be the project name i.e “bid”. You can use the command window to create the folder.
- Open command window
- C:>cd wamp\www\
- C:\wamp\www>mkdir bid
Step 3: Download Yii framework and put into www directory and install the framework for bid project
- Go to yiiframework.com and download latest Yii framework zipped file
- Unzip and rename the folder to “yii”
- Using command-
- C:\wamp\www>cd yii\framework\
- C:\wamp\www\yii\framework>yiic webapp C:\wamp\www\bidCreate a Web application under ‘C:\wamp\www\bid’? [Yes|No] y
Your application has been created successfully under C:\wamp\www\bid.
Now you are ready to browse your project by accessing the URL: localhost/bid
If you want to use this installation for multiple projects then just copy “bid” folder and past and rename with your project name. Its better if you make “bid” folder as your backup project folder then when you need to work with a new project then you only need to copy & past this same folder and rename to the new project folder name.
If you want to install an updated version of Yii framework then please download updated version zipped folder from yiiframework.com and unzip. After unzipping the file, copy the framework folder and then go “yii” folder under “www” directory and replace previous framework folder with latest one.
Enjoy and explore the beauty of Yii………..
Note: This is my Wiki post from Yii Framework forum.